Saturday, September 28, 2013

Paris

I am writing from our house in Bruges, Belgium. For those of you who don't know, we have been using a website called Airbnb to find people who rent out rooms in their house. It has been a great experience so far! We arrived in Bruges yesterday and will be here for a week. It should be a pretty low-key, relaxing stay here in Bruges, which I am SO looking forward to. You know how sometimes after you go on trip you feel like you need a vacation to recover from your busy vacation? Yeah, that's where I'm at right now after a very busy week in Paris. Good news is we get to take that post-vacation vacation, lucky us.

Andrew and I loved Paris. There truly is something magical about it. We did so much in Paris and took nearly 700 pictures. Of course I can't capture all that we did in one blog post, but here are some highlights.

This is picture was taken on our first outing in Paris.
Andrew and I were both taken aback by how truly amazing
the Eiffel Tower was. We went back pretty much every day
we were in Paris, as you will see in the pictures to come.

We had a studio apartment in Paris.
Many meals at the coffee table in front of the TV.
 
Out the apartment window.
 
Grave Yard:

 


 We saw Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, and Chopin's graves.
 
Going up the Eiffel Tower:
 
 
Half way up the Eiffel Tower
 
 Paris view from the tower.
 
Headed back down.
 
The Louvre: An amazing and huge museum

 
Below is our own art series captured at The Louvre called:
Natalie Worthy of Sculpting
 




 
 Mona Lisa
Both of our favorite parts of the Louvre were the
 sculpture gardens. We have tons of pictures from the
Louvre, I'll spare you from scrolling through them all.

D'Orsey Museum:


We only have pictures from the outside because pictures inside weren't allowed.
 
Arch De Triompe:
From the top. It took lots of steps to get there.
 
Pantheon: 



 
Notre Dame:

 
Catacombs: Under ground cemetery
Sometimes I have to fight feeling claustrophobic;
Andrew knows this, yet he took me to an underground
cemetery (120 feet underground). So this is a picture of
me crying and attempting not to panic.
 
Okay, by this time I am having fun!

Tunnels full of bones stacked 5 feet high!
 
Lastly, the sights at night!
Notra Dame

Andrew having fun with the camera.

The Louvre
 

 
 Bonjour! Until Later!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The sculptures were my favorite part in the louvre too... Just beautiful!!
    PS: I love your red striped pants nat!

    ReplyDelete